Pipeline construction companies are involved with all sorts of jobs related to installing and maintaining the vast network of pipelines across the nation. From sewer pipes to storm water drainage systems and fireline to gas pipelines, these companies are the ones we rely on to perform the work.
Pipeline construction brick pointing company NY local law 11 are categorized as either dry or wet utility. General contractors hire these companies to install new pipes and utility pipeline systems, or to remove, relocate, or repair pre-existing systems.
There are many kinds of construction projects where contractors are needed to install various types of pipeline or utility systems. Many people believe that utility companies are responsible for installing pipes for projects that involve electrical or gas utilities, but this isn’t normally the case. While some utility companies are involved with pipeline construction, the majority outsource the projects to contractors that specialize in utility applications.
Utility companies such as California Gas and Edison Electric are categorized as dry utility companies because they specialize in gas and electrical pipelines. Most dry utility systems transport resources, such as communications systems or electrical conduit systems, that aren’t actually conveyed through a pipeline system, but rather a utility system.
Dry utility systems are comprised of non-petroleum pipes that do not convey liquid products. A good example is high pressure gas lines that secure gaseous, non-liquid materials.
Wet utility pipeline construction companies install pipes that carry liquid matter. Good examples include water pipeline, sewer pipes, fireline, and storm water drainage systems. Essentially, any system that conveys liquids are categorized as wet utilities.
Many construction projects utilize both wet and dry utility pipelines. There are five types of construction projects that require services of pipeline construction companies. These include residential, commercial, industrial, institutional and public works.
- Residential projects encompass jobs relating to single family residential communities, apartment complexes, condominiums and townhouses, and mixed-use retail residential which refer to retail stores that include residential living quarters above.
- Commercial projects encompass jobs related to business centers and office buildings, shopping malls and retail outlets, sports complexes, hotels, and restaurants.
- Industrial projects include manufacturing plants, processing facilities, factories, and power-generating plants.
- Institutional construction jobs encompass institutes of higher learning, correctional facilities, hospitals, nursing homes, and churches.
- Public works projects involve jobs which are contracted through publicly funded institutions such as city, state, or federal agencies. Wet utility public works projects include sewer and water pipelines and storm water drainage systems. These kinds of jobs are usually referenced as “improvements” and encompass jobs that are conducted on publicly owned property such as interstates and city streets.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6700525